The time spent social distancing and following stay-at-home orders has taught me several things.
- Although I have an education degree, I am NOT made to home–school teenage boys.
- The weeks my bestie and I went without seeing each other were way too long and we’ve vowed to never do that nonsense again!
- As much as I love a clean house, cleaning baseboards will always be at the bottom of the to-do list. Always.
- I still love to color and despise gardening.
- I can’t survive without some Jesus time each day.
The first several weeks of the quarantine were hard. I am a routine, scheduled, planner and not knowing what was going to happen the next day, the next few weeks, or even the next month was excruciating. My preschool was closed indefinitely. Saturday basketball tournaments were cancelled. Planning for the next football fundraiser was on hold. I struggled. Struggled to know what to do with my days. Struggled to know who I was. I was crying in my closet. I was spiraling on the inside and trying to hold it together on the outside.
And then one day…
And then one day, as I mindlessly scrolled through Facebook, I saw it. A quote from one of the bloggers I follow and it hit me. I was spending more time with the Golden Girls and Food Network Chefs than I was with God.
A Whole Lot of Jesus
The next morning I woke up renewed and started a “new to me” routine. I spent time in prayer, I started a new Bible study and I switched my playlist from my secular one to my praise and worship one when going on walks, coloring or cleaning. And even though I still had times of struggles, the days got easier and more bearable. So, when you feel out of sorts, like the world is crashing down around you, pause and reevaluate how you’re spending your days. Are you spending enough time with God? Jesus time makes everything better!
Written by Master Clean Carpet & Tile Cleaning of Tulsa, LLC office manager, Stephanie Johnson.
Need some inspiration on getting a whole lot of Jesus? Start here! http://www.hillspring.tv/church-online